The Department of Education is one of the student rich Departments in the College. The Department was introduced in 1992 with the establishment of the College. Abdul Barique was the founder faculty appointed temporarily and later Abdul Wahid was appointed at the corresponding period. Aynul Hoque Choudhury (HoD) was appointed in 1996 who has been acting as the Head of the Department till date. The other faculties are Dr. Shokim Uddin Ahmed (02/12/1996), Kanchan Choudhury (17/08/1998), Sahjahan Ali (21/12/2009) have been imparting service as the existing faculties. Gauhati University permitted to open Major Courses in the Department of Education in 2006-2007. Since then, the Department has been imparting services to the students and creating number of graduates.
The Department has its own Departmental Office. Besides general class rooms, the Department has one laboratory cum class room for Major/ Honours classes along with Departmental library.
- A definite teaching plan which incorporates the suitable distribution of the whole syllabus among the faculty members so that the whole syllabus is conveyed to the students.
- Lecture method is followed for conveying different concepts to the students.
- Home Assignments are given to the students.
- In practical classes psychological experiments are demonstrated and instructions are given for the application and use of different apparatus.
- Seminars, tutorial classes and discussions are held occasionally.
- Educational tours are arranged for giving practical ideas to the students.
FOLLOW UP METHODS OF STUDENTS PERFORMANCE AND PROGRESS
After admission in B.A. 1st year classes, those who are willing to take Major/Honours in the Subject are notified to attend classes. After that the progress of the students are monitored by the following methods:
- Attendance records of the students are checked monthly. Detail attendance reports are submitted to the authority. Poor attendance is notified to the students and chronic cases are reported to the Principal and guardians of the students.
- Sessional test marks are checked carefully.
- Performances in home assignments are also checked carefully.
- Curricular and co-curricular activities are also taken into account. The Head of the Department frequently discusses with the faculty members of the Department about the performance of the students and the teaching schedule.
- The success rate in Major/Honours course is almost 100% whereas in pass course is varied from 40% to 100%.
- The Department has been trying its utmost for the development of students through its various programmes and activities like educational tours, educational surveys and seminars etc. From 1999 onwards students of the Department tried its best to achieve the first class with rank from Gauhati University.