INTERNAL COMPLAINT COMMITTEE
As per the guidelines of UGC and the Hon’ble Supreme Court, an Anti-Sexual Harassment Committee has been established in F.A. Ahmed College, Garoimari for the purpose of providing a congenial environment for the females in the College especially in sexually related matter. The Anti-Sexual Harassment Cell is replaced with Internal Complainant Committee in the year 2022. The said Cell will deal with issues relating to sexual harassment among the students as well as employees of the College. Anti-Sexual Harassment Cell/ICC assures the complaints of the students, teaching and non-teaching staffs and treats with dignity and respect. The situation arising in such matter is handled with utmost attention and tried to go for amicable solution.
- To provide security to the female in various sexual matter.
- To mitigate various problems arisen in sexual matter among the employees as well as student of the College.
- To organize gender sensitization awareness programme among the students and society.
- To deal with cases of discrimination and sexual harassment in a time bound manner, aiming at ensuring support services to the victimized.
For this purpose, sexual harassment includes unwelcome sexually determined behaviour (whether directly or by implication) such as:
- Verbal or Physical threats.
- Insulting, Abusive, Embarrassing or Patronizing behavior or Comments.
- Offensive gestures, Language, Rumors, Gossip or Jokes.
- Humiliating, Intimidating, Demeaning and/or Persistent criticism, Open hostility.
- Suggestive comments or Body language.
- Publishing, circulating or displaying pornographic, racist, sexually suggestive or otherwise offensive pictures or other materials.
- Unwanted physical contact, ranging from an invasion of space to a serious assault.
- Unsavoury remarks.
- Innuendos and taunts.
- Gender based insults or sexist remarks.
- Unwelcome sexual overtone in any manner such as over telephone (obnoxious telephone calls) and the like.
- Touching or brushing against any part of the body and the like.
- Forcible physical touch or molestation.
- Physical confinement against one’s will and any other act likely to violate one’s privacy
Internal Complainant Committee:
||Abdul Awal Sahab, Principal i/c
||Dr. M. Seik Mozibar Rahman, IQAC Co-ordinator
||Ayan Ali Ahmed
||Secretary, Girls Common Room, Student Union, FAAC
||Monowara Begum, Employee Grade-IV
||Roshunara Ahmed, Advocate, Guwahati High Court